Timeframe: January – December 2018
Location: Skopje and the other three appellate regions (Stip, Bitola and Gostivar)
Budget: 9.991 EUR
The aim of this project is to enhance the application of the regulatory impact assessment (RIA) of the laws arising from the judiciary reform in Macedonia - Recognize the usefulness of the RIA tool in the decision-making process and to improve the quality of the decision-making process based on evidence and research.
- ● CSOs active in the processes of monitoring and evaluation of the policies in the field of judiciary
- ● State institutions (Ministry of Justice)
- ● Association of judges
Members of the working group for Chapter 23 within the NPAA structure.
The final beneficiaries identifed are the civil servants and the court service directly working on the preparation of legal solutions in the area of judiciary, the media that need more information on the content and impact of the legal solutions and the wider public that has a direct interest in quality of legislation.
- ● Strengthening the cooperation between judicial institutions and civil society organizations in the application of RIA
- ● Contribution to the scientific discourse on the importance of RIA in the preparation of legislation through the Law on Courts
Enhanced awareness of the importance of RIA by promoting the project results in the public.
The implementation of the project will be carried out in three phases
- ● Analysis of existing regulations and draft amendments to the Law on Courts and previous recommendations of the European Commission and the Venice Commission
- ● Identifying examples of regulatory impact assessment, taking into account the methodological approach of the project Regulatory Impact Assessment in the Shadow
- ● Organizing 4 focus groups and interviews with the target groups for the application of RIA for the Law on Courts (one in each appellate region)
- ● Preparation of study on the application of RIA to the Law on Courts
● Public event in Skopje to promote research findings.
Aleksandar Jovanoski, Project director (email@example.com
Iva Conevska, Project manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)